The internet is a great platform for connecting with others and being creative. This section will provide you with different resources ranging from games, films and quizzes that will guide you to use the internet in a safe, responsible and positive manner.
Resources for 11 – 19 Year olds
- Protect your online reputation: use the tools provided by online services to manage your digital footprints and ‘think before you post.’ Content posted online can last forever and could be shared publicly by anyone.
- Know where to find help: understand how to report to service providers and use blocking and deleting tools. If something happens that upsets you online, it’s never too late to tell someone.
- Don’t give in to pressure: if you lose your inhibitions you’ve lost control; once you’ve pressed send you can’t take it back.
- Respect the law: use reliable services and know how to legally access the music, film and TV you want.
- Acknowledge your sources: use trustworthy content and remember to give credit when using other people’s work/ideas.